Your profile picture may be your first impression of someone. It’s important that it reflects who you are and want to become. Here are 3 easy ways to improve your profile picture.
#1 – Show Your Face
Your eyes say a lot. Stay away from silhouettes, far away pictures, and shots that are too close. This will keep it personal. I know some have problems with self-image but remember that you were created in the image of God! You are unique and special.
#2 – Dress According to Your Profession
Don’t try to be somebody you’re not. Look at how others are dressing in your industry and reflect on something that is you.
#3 – Find a Good Light Source
Photography is all about lighting. Make sure you have a soft light hitting your face and that it’s not as bright behind you as in front of you. Find some shade – somewhere where the sun is hitting directly on your face.
#4 – 5 Bonus Tips to Improve Your Social Media Profile Picture (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Take your time. Make sure it’s right.
- Be confident. Where the clothes that make you look the best and that you are confident in. Ask someone close to you to give you an honest opinion.
- Find your best smile. Find other pictures that you like about your smile and mimic them.
- Don’t Over Process the Photo. Like filters? This isn’t the place. It’s ok to do some adjustments, make sure it looks natural.
- Need to save time? Hire a professional but look at their portfolio first.
- 9 Tips to Nail Your Social Media Profile Picture (plus, research and examples)
- Look Like a Professional in Your Profile Pic
- 4 Steps to Taking Great Social Media Profile Pictures
I hope you found these tips helpful for improving your profile image. While it may seem like something simple and small, it is your brand and how you choose to present yourself.